Gettin' My Freak On

8

Posted on : 10:42 AM | By : Jennifer


Ethan's, Megan's, and Rachael's carving artistry.

To Do Before Friday at 2:30:



  • Create final touches on kids' costumes, hair and makeup






  • Create costumes for Derrick and I






  • Create oceanic backdrop for ward carnival fishing game






  • Create and decorate two dozen cupcakes with kids (they insist on helping, which really speeds things up)






  • Create presumably contest winning chili






  • Create presumably contest winning cornbread






  • Do not create apple pie.  I really dislike creating apple pie.






  • Create basket of goodies to "boo" our neigbors.  We got boo-ed two weeks ago, and have still failed to respond.  I know.  Ungracious.




  • Create imaginative trunk display for the (freaking) Trunk or Treaters






  • Create stylish yet casually coordinating outfits for family pictures on Saturday morning.  First must purchase such outfits.   






  • Create more money in my checking account.




  • I am not a creative person.  I know many of you reading this are.  Help! And pardon my french (and the pun), but what the freak is going on?  When did Halloween become a quasi-Christmas, complete with a checklist, baking and stress?  Am I the only one feeling the heat?  (I doubt it.)  Despite the to-dos, I think we'll still have fun. Or at least my kids will.  Hope you do, too.

    Happy Halloween!